Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager oversees all aspects of the organization’s staff including payroll and benefits, compliance, recruitment and onboarding, performance management, learning and development, and employee safety.
- Compassionate and approachable in serving the needs of a diverse group of full-time and part-time staff.
- Oversee and manage a 360-appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing personnel issues.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of turtle retention.
- Report to management and provide recommendations on policies.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Create and update company policies and maintain employee handbook.
- Conduct periodic review of wage and benefit offerings to gauge competitiveness.
- Manage and complete the biweekly payroll and corresponding reports.
- Prepare and submit payroll journal entries to accounting within established month-end timeline.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management by completing required payroll and labor related compliance and reporting.
- Administer benefit programs, including serving as primary contact with providers for workers' compensation, unemployment, and retirement plans.
- Maintain employee files in a secure electronic format.
- Maintain job postings & descriptions.
- Manage the recruitment process, including posting of openings.
- Manage the on-boarding process for all new hires ensuring each person feels welcomed and empowered to succeed in their role.
- Develop a documented process for on-boarding that enables managers to smoothly integrate new hires into their teams.
- Coordinate the off-boarding process, conducting exit-interviews and creating graceful transitions for any departing team members.
- Participate in conflict resolution across the company.
- Be a cheerleader of company culture by leading programming and events to keep the team engaged and connected.
- Create and distribute a bi-weekly all employee newsletter and sales rep newsletter.
- Create wellness initiatives throughout the year that foster participation and engagement.
- Plan employee events to celebrate achievements or promote camaraderie, such as anniversary milestone celebrations and summer barbeques.
- Arrange local volunteer opportunities.
- Identify staff training needs and work with the leadership team to create plans and identify necessary resources to achieve meaningful professional development.
- Ensure all employees have clear job descriptions and that those roles are clearly understood.
- Work with managers to ensure that department needs are being met and align with existing org structure and job descriptions.
- Maintain a company org chart.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a benefits management system.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning employee benefits and payroll.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in human resources or related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) current certification preferred.
- Prior payroll and benefits management experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Turtle Fur is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, and honors unique experiences and identities.
We encourage people who identify with the BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and Disabled communities to apply as we make concerted efforts to diversify our staff and our perspective. Turtle Fur is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.